I am excited to announce I have been nominated for the WEGO Health Best in Show: Blog Award in the 2019 WEGO Health Awards. I’ve also been nominated for Best Kept Secret and Best Team Performance. If you nominated me, thank you!
Take just a few seconds to endorse me for this award!
WEGO Health is a mission-driven company connecting healthcare with the experience, skills, and insights of patient leaders. They are the world’s largest network of patient leaders, working across virtually all health conditions and topics. Click here to learn more about their Patient Leader Network.
The WEGO Health Awards were created to celebrate those who tirelessly support the mission of WEGO Health: to empower the patient voice.
With 16 award categories, the WEGO Health Awards are the only awards across all conditions and platforms that recognize the over 100k inspiring Patient Leaders who raise awareness, share information, and support their communities – but often without recognition.
My Hyperhidrosis Advocacy
Since my nomination in the 2018 awards, my puddle of hyperhidrosis hope and awareness has grown larger. I’ve been recognized for hyperhidrosis advocacy (directly or indirectly) in the following ways:
- I filmed a commercial for Carpe Lotion for sweaty hands and feet
- I was the on-camera talent in a patient perspective video with Pharmacy Times CE for a continuing medical education (CME) activity on hyperhidrosis
- I spoke on stage for the second time at the Women For One Pacific Northwest Truthteller Tour, giving my hyperhidrosis the back seat so I could talk about my ulcerative colitis and mental health story. Hands down (sweaty, of course) this was the bravest thing I’ve ever done.
- I opened my blog to the larger hyperhidrosis community worldwide and now accept guest posts. I have sweaty stories from people around the world, and I am so grateful to be making these kinds of connections. Welcome to the sweaty tribe!
- I was a guest on the following podcasts:
- 52 Phenomenal Women Project with Amy Boyle Photography
- Guest on Pamela Jessen’s blog There Is Always Hope
- Interview with Wicked Sheets CEO Alli Truttmann
- Interview with Everyday Health – 8 Wardrobe Tips for People With Hyperhidrosis
- Health Central – It Gets Better: 10 People Living With Ulcerative Colitis Share Words of Wisdom
- Clara Health’s Breakthrough Crew
How You Can Help
I’m now looking to my incredibly supportive network to help endorse me for this award. It takes just seconds of your time! Deadline is July 31, 2019
Visit my WEGO Health Awards profile and click “Endorse” under my nominee photo.
If I have ever supported you, made you laugh, or inspired you to keep fighting – please consider endorsing me for this award. Thank you.